Education System Opinions.
Started by Ibtihaj Khan

2 posts in this topic
Ibtihaj Khan

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2017
21-08-2017, 08:38 PM -
Hi there, my name is Ibtihaj. I wanna talk about the education system of our world, for me, I think it just tests our memory, not intelligence. A student who can just save a lot of text in his/her mind is considered a 'Genius' and 'Intelligent' student here. Let's talk below, what's your opinion about our education system of your country...
Satellite-II

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2017
22-08-2017, 05:51 PM -
(21-08-2017, 08:38 PM)Ibtihaj Khan Wrote: Hi there, my name is Ibtihaj. I wanna talk about the education system of our world, for me, I think it just tests our memory, not intelligence. A student who can just save a lot of text in his/her mind is considered a 'Genius' and 'Intelligent' student here. Let's talk below, what's your opinion about our education system of your country...

I'd be inclined to agree, it seems like a lot of education systems are heavily based on regurgitating information. While there's certainly a time and place for this type of teaching, don't get me wrong, it has to be carefully proportioned with actual application practices in things they'll be inclined to work with frequently. A lot of responsibility falls onto the teachers to make sure students can not only memorize the material, but become familiar with hands-on use with the subject to a point where they can apply these teachings to completely different subjects in order to problem-solve. Frankly, between the apathy of core-curriculum and the sometimes less-than-interested teachers, we're not able to achieve that goal at the rate we'd like to, thus letting the flat rate of information regurgitation reign dominant over applied training.
hpenvy

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2017
17-11-2017, 09:24 AM -
The schooling system in the world’s second-most populated country is bit of an oddball, when compared to that of other countries. About 65% of the country’s population are youngsters, which is why we see a lot of Indians being selected for Multinational companies over their foreign compatriots. It can be said without doubt that though this system is what I consider to be robotic, it still delivers.

The Indian education system does not allow any room for innovative thoughts. The idea is basically forcing students to memorise tons of theories, most of them outdated. They want the students to be able to derive various equations that have already been solved (Seriously, what’s the point?).

The primitiveness of the system is quite baffling. We’re dealing with new scientific ideas everyday. The world has moved on. But well, the prioritisation of marks over practical knowledge is not the right way to choose people for organisations that strive to improve the condition of an average human being (If this isn’t fixed, world peace, which was always a bit of a long shot, will remain as such).

The schooling system in the world’s second-most populated country is bit of an oddball, when compared to that of other countries. About 65% of the country’s population are youngsters, which is why we see a lot of Indians being selected for Multinational companies over their foreign compatriots. It can be said without doubt that though this system is what I consider to be robotic, it still delivers.
This post was last modified: 17-11-2017, 09:24 AM by hpenvy.